MORE THAN JUST SHADES
In this update, an important decision was
made to include new RW E Box variations. As 46C and 31C have
both variations that are a little more than just shades, 5
other models can also be considered as such. Supported by
the listing in both John Hanchet & Nigel Cooper "The
Matchbox Picture Boxes" as well as Christian Falkensteiner,
I pushed the research a little further and realized that
indeed, some variations have been overlooked on this web
site. By comparing several pictures, I came to the
conclusion that 5 models can already have a new variation.
Those model are:
- 7C : Red cab (for the "New Model" E4 box) +
Orange Cab (No New model, E4 and E4R)
- 30C : Dark green (for the "New Model" E2 box) +
Light Green (for other types w/o "New Model")
- 33B : Blue or Green (both for E3 and E4 boxes)
- 53C : Green or Blue (both for E4 and E4R boxes)
- 66C : Silver-gray body with light blue labels (E4 "New
Model" box) + Grey body and bright blue label (E4 and E4R
w/o "New Model")
These models will be added in the variation
pages this week.
Meanwhile, the following boxes will need more
research, as I am not able to clearly state that there is
more than just appearance of a difference in shades :
- 1E : The models appears to be darker in a
few cases, but it is almost impossible to tell if not side
- 2D : The models appears to be darker for the "New Model"
box, but it is almost impossible to tell if not side by side
- 51B : The "New Model" box has a darker green than others.
But I would need side by side comparison.
As for the following models, I just could not
find any evidence of a color difference, although some may
argue that there is a slight difference. For now, I consider
them only as shades only due to difference in ink used
rather tham a real color difference.
- 12C : The blue model box may be a bit
darker in some cases
- 20C : Just can't tell any difference by looking at several
boxes of different sub types !
- 25C : The ARAL variation may have lighter or darker blue
model, but I still need to see side by side to convince me !
- 29C : Should be found in different red... But I could find
anything to prove that
- 32B : one variation seems to have grey tires while the
other has dark tires
- 32C : Light or dark green cab ? Never saw a clear evidence
- 36C : The gold variation could be lighter or darker... But
I could find anything to prove that
- 41C : Never saw a variation different from another...
- 42C (both red and blue variations) : Never saw a variation
different from another...
- 47B : Different shades of white ??
- 50B : Lighter or darker green, still to be proven
- 52B : Lighter or darker blue, still to be proven
- 56B : Very hard to tell... A bit darker on some boxes, but
no easy call
- 63B : The variation w/o target may have lighter or darker
red, still to be proven
- 64B : Lighter or darker green, still to be proven
- 74B : The green version maybe lighter or darker... still
to be proven!
- 75C : The green version maybe lighter or darker... still
to be proven!