Vintage British Diecasts Website
Vintage British Diecast Forum • View topic - Finally, after 50 years

Finally, after 50 years

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby radar » Tue May 09, 2017 4:30 am

Thank you for appreciative comments.


To authenticate my purchase, thought I better include couple of my RW favourites. The blue Mustang is only Mustang I've got - don't actually own 8 E in red or white.
Included a couple of classic US models anyway.
Haven't full access to my collection, so always travel with one or two faves to remind me of happy times.
Caddy and TBird recent acquisitions.
Repro box.
Van is restoration - had it since the 50s; worse than "playworn" after my younger brothers applied green Dulux acrylic in the sixties.
Radar's image..JPG
Radar's image..JPG (160.22 KiB) Viewed 71 times
radar
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 am
Location: MELBOURNE, Australia

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby matchboxtom » Tue May 09, 2017 11:26 pm

I just bought a new one a couple years ago. I hope you love yours as much as I enjoy mine. The white one replaced the red one I sold in 2012.

Image

Image
User avatar
matchboxtom
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby GHOSTHUNTER » Wed May 10, 2017 12:05 am

Radar, I have resized your picture. If you now click on the image the scrolling bar will go away.

Ghosthunter.
User avatar
GHOSTHUNTER
Moderator
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire, England.

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby GHOSTHUNTER » Wed May 10, 2017 12:06 am

Nice display Tom. We certainly have collectors here with tatste.

Ghosthunter.
User avatar
GHOSTHUNTER
Moderator
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire, England.

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby radar » Wed May 10, 2017 12:22 am

[quote="matchboxtom"]I just bought a new one a couple years ago. I hope you love yours as much as I enjoy mine. The white one replaced the red one I sold in 2012.

Yeah, like that model too.
Only now though do we have RIGHT HAND DRIVE factory built from Michigan, supplied and sold by authorised Ford dealers in Australia.

Are the early Stang's your as well?
My brother went to the states 30 years ago. Got a Californian 64 1/2. Shipped it to Australia. Then RIGHT hand Drive conversion. Huge, expensive job.

Until now - only way we could have a Mustang.

Enthusiasts can rest easy - ONLY modification to mine from factory original is addition of FORD rubber boot map.
I like originality. Dealer kept the shipping manifest, Ford Build docs and factory/customs stickers for me in a folder.
radar
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 am
Location: MELBOURNE, Australia

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby radar » Wed May 10, 2017 12:24 am

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Radar, I have resized your picture. If you now click on the image the scrolling bar will go away.

Ghosthunter.

Thx Ghosty, I'll read how to do that. My photobucket doesn't seem to work any more.
radar
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 am
Location: MELBOURNE, Australia

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby GHOSTHUNTER » Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 am

Have a look in hear, any problems just give us a shout...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21

Ghosthunter.
User avatar
GHOSTHUNTER
Moderator
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire, England.

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby matchboxtom » Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 pm

radar wrote:
matchboxtom wrote:I just bought a new one a couple years ago. I hope you love yours as much as I enjoy mine. The white one replaced the red one I sold in 2012.

Yeah, like that model too.
Only now though do we have RIGHT HAND DRIVE factory built from Michigan, supplied and sold by authorised Ford dealers in Australia.

Are the early Stang's your as well?
My brother went to the states 30 years ago. Got a Californian 64 1/2. Shipped it to Australia. Then RIGHT hand Drive conversion. Huge, expensive job.


Enthusiasts can rest easy - ONLY modification to mine from factory original is addition of FORD rubber boot map.
I like originality. Dealer kept the shipping manifest, Ford Build docs and factory/customs stickers for me in a folder.


Yes the old ones are mine also. My Dad bought the Bronze one in 1969 or so as his commuter car. After floating through siblings hands for many years I bought it in 1988 from my Dad. The beige one I bought from my parents neighbor who also had it since 1968 or so. His son who is my age did not want it. Good for me. I like its unique color combo. The interior has the Emberglow/Beige pony interior package. I drove them as my daily drivers for about 15 years until my wife made me get a modern car when we had kids and car seats.

Tom
User avatar
matchboxtom
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby radar » Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 am

Thankyou for your pics. I love to hear their history and how you came about them.
The two oldies are both classics.
Had either of your red or white ones been available in Australia from Ford dealers, may well have got an S197.
However I love the retro look of mine and plan never to sell it.

Ford only sell manual or auto, V8 or turbo 4, Fastback or convertible. Few options considering our RHD market size is much smaller than yours.
Not complaining, after half a century got the most expensive option.
Vert,
GT V8,
Auto (all verts here are autos)
Prestige paint - Lightning Blue and
Nickle Lustre silver alloy wheels.

Love it.
BTW what state in US are you in?

I'm in Melbourne, in the south. Winter here now but still top down.
radar
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 am
Location: MELBOURNE, Australia

Re: Finally, after 50 years

Postby matchboxtom » Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 pm

radar wrote:Thankyou for your pics. I love to hear their history and how you came about them.
The two oldies are both classics.
Had either of your red or white ones been available in Australia from Ford dealers, may well have got an S197.
However I love the retro look of mine and plan never to sell it.

Ford only sell manual or auto, V8 or turbo 4, Fastback or convertible. Few options considering our RHD market size is much smaller than yours.
Not complaining, after half a century got the most expensive option.
Vert,
GT V8,
Auto (all verts here are autos)
Prestige paint - Lightning Blue and
Nickle Lustre silver alloy wheels.

Love it.
BTW what state in US are you in?

I'm in Melbourne, in the south. Winter here now but still top down.


Sounds like you picked the right options. I live a few miles from Seattle, WA.

Tom
User avatar
matchboxtom
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Previous

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest