Vintage British Diecast Forum • View topic - Open Letter to Non-Posters

Open Letter to Non-Posters

Re: Open Letter to Non-Posters

Postby Tinman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Or just close the forum to the public.
Tinman

Postby Miller » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 pm

There a just 5 threads, which would have to be moved to the right place. Change the name, change the first post from Hugh to a "Welcome new member" text with some details we would like to know about the new member and this thing is usefull again.
Roland

Variations are bad for limited showcases
Miller

Postby bush man » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:24 am

Hi everybody Im new to the forum and find it very informative, iv been collecting for many years ,
and my collection has been in storage for 8 years except my early 175 and major packs of which
I had them all mint some boxed these were so kindly stolen and im still crying in my beer
location is Tasmania Australia.
john
bush man

Postby GHOSTHUNTER » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello Bush Man, welcome to the forum.

We will of course be hoping to see some pictures of whatever models you have left in your collection and I can feel your sorrow at losing models as I have also suffered the indignity of have a collection stolen.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Postby 58oldsfan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:05 pm

I try to visit here as often as possible, but sometimes it is months between visits. I am a Merchant Mariner, and as such spend at least half my life aboard ship. We do have internet access most of the time, but it is mostly limited to email. Companies just don't want us "surfing" the net. I learn things here every time I visit, and once in a while I post. I think the forum is fantastic! No need to change anything to get me to post. Life just gets in the way of fun sometimes! :lol:
58oldsfan

Postby GHOSTHUNTER » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:16 pm

Thank's Mr Oldsfan. We do understand there are colectors out there who just like yourself, 'Life' gets in the way and can not visit the forum as much as they would like, but hey! we don't plan on going anywhere just yet, so we will be here for you when you can visit, do take care while marining around the Globe... :D

Ghosty.
GHOSTHUNTER

Postby KennewickMan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Like many, it is a question of carving out the time.

I'll admit that I usually turn to this group only with questions/problems, because I know that I can count on getting solid G2 for my inquiries. I'm only now getting to the point where I would even feel comfortable trying to add to the conversation and *plan* to visit more regularly.
"Obsessed?"
"No, just VERY focused"
KennewickMan

Previous

Return to Open Letter to Non-Posters