Vintage British Diecasts Website
Vintage British Diecast Forum • View topic - SILLY PRICES

SILLY PRICES

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!

SILLY PRICES

Postby petethesweet » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi all, i don't know if anybody has been watching the prices on Ebay today , some of the matchbox have been going for a fortune . I had a few strong bids but got blown away, i don't know whether its a good thing or bad thing. Pete.
petethesweet
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby kwakers » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Here in Upstate N.Y. we have 10 degree F temperatures and a New Years Holiday Weekend to lay around and to relax. I think you would find that many people are now "Shopping" for late X Mas presents for themselves, and that E Bay is the place to find some very interesting Lesney Toys. I too have had my bids blown away these past three weeks, so I like to look at it as though my regular wheel hobby is alive and doing VERY well. Its easier to think that way than it is to think I may not have enough $$ to be collecting our favorite toys right now......LOL ;) Cheers! Kwakers
kwakers
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby motorman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:21 am

petethesweet wrote:Hi all, i don't know if anybody has been watching the prices on Ebay today , some of the matchbox have been going for a fortune . I had a few strong bids but got blown away, i don't know whether its a good thing or bad thing. Pete.


I have been astounded at the price some of the empty matchbox superfast boxes were selling for as well Peter. I recon some people got lots of money gifts this Christmas and were happy to spend it :D
Motorman

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
User avatar
motorman
Moderator
 
Posts: 6226
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby Lee@kai76 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi Pete..the same for me too, it's been a bit of a nightmare the last week for trying to win anything and as already mentioned what is going on with the prices of some of those empty boxes.

I have noticed one thing and maybe I'm not the only one but I was outbid on loads of matchbox by a zero feedback bidder plus 2 or 3 more with low feedback.

Lee
User avatar
Lee@kai76
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:41 am
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby petethesweet » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Lee & all,i was monitoring some of the feedback & people with very low scores had some very high bids. I got out bid last week on a blue Shark silver base with in a minute or two i was offered the same model at my last bid, may have been bid up. Pete.
petethesweet
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby Idris » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:18 pm

petethesweet wrote:Hi Lee & all,i was monitoring some of the feedback & people with very low scores had some very high bids. I got out bid last week on a blue Shark silver base with in a minute or two i was offered the same model at my last bid, may have been bid up. Pete.


Certainly sounds like shill bidding to me.
User avatar
Idris
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:10 pm
Location: Denbigshire, Wales

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby petethesweet » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi Huge hope you are well, i would have thought with all of the computers these days that something would have sound alarms. I don't like the way they split the models from there boxes. I think it just shows they are just in for the money, i don't know how long it will last Pete.
petethesweet
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby Lee@kai76 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi Pete... The same happened to me tonight, I did put up a post about it but have now removed it as I am not sure I was within the rules of the forum with the content of my post, I have emailed the seller and I politely told him I wasn't born in the last rainfall and I will be asking ebay to look into his antics.

Lee
User avatar
Lee@kai76
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:41 am
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire

Re: SILLY PRICES

Postby mmi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Lee@kai76 wrote:Hi Pete... The same happened to me tonight, I did put up a post about it but have now removed it as I am not sure I was within the rules of the forum with the content of my post, I have emailed the seller and I politely told him I wasn't born in the last rainfall and I will be asking ebay to look into his antics.

Lee


per normal they will ignore you,likely another one of the tools they provide to the BTO rent a space dealers
let us directly talk with the bidder and see the real history...no it is our bidding bot.
specific dealer (group of ids) cant have endless supplies of MNIB.if you print photos many recycle in a few months trolling for naive whales
certain dealers NEVER sell the pair,car with repop box then in 2 months mystery MNB boxs,
others play with the price.... $5-14 car starts at 3.99 or 9.99 but never sells they refuse bulk offers and eventually relist for 29.99-49.99

this one has cycled for months along with other broken bits for $$$ their intentions have to be suspect :evil:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-Match ... 1438.l2649
mmi
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:20 am


Return to Ebay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest